Wednesday 27 November 2013

Metaphysics and .gif

Developed some old friends today at our darkroom induction. I can't wait until I can bring my cameras over after the holidays, much time will be spent in the dark with the dim lights and potent smells then. It's a lovely big ol' room with nooks and corridors and MACHINERY. Par example: they've got a machine that eats your photopaper whole and spits out an image moments later; developed, stopped, fixed and dried. I know part of the fun is acting wave-machine for the wee photos in their bathtubs, appreciate, but technology is also fantastic. (This is how I get around printers too, when printing 50+ A2 images from an inkjet you have loads of time to stare at said printer and think "how is this possible?", had I lived in lesser developed times and a time-traveller had, perplexingly, showed me the magic of printing, I too would have believed in God, mistakingly.)

THIS IS A NIGHT OF GIF, EXPECT TO BE UPDATED. 
(It's actually Friday. Illusion: shattered!)




No comments:

Post a Comment