Thursday 12 June 2014

Movement stopmotion

Dreaming about something isn't always wanting, and some people just like to watch.

Our last brief for level 4 was to write our own brief and make a personal project. I managed to ramble about Sherlock Holmes and Francis Ford Coppola's Bram Stoker's Dracula for half a page before finally getting to the bottom line: I love fiction. I want to create fiction. Worlds, characters, background props that only other weirdos will notice and appreciate. I want these things, but I don't do them. Why?

Ingen som vet, ingen som vet.

The brief was about giving myself a kick in the bum and get to work, to not care about anything else but getting an idea, sticking to it and making it happen. To not at any point surrender to the nagging suspicions or dreary doubts. I made a stopmotion film, here it is (HD recommended):





And here's a wee making of thing:


No comments:

Post a Comment